Binding Corporate Rules for EU Privacy
In the recently released EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Article 47 identifies Binding Corporate Rules (BCRs) as an appropriate safeguard to transfer personal information. Obtaining BCRs might seem like climbing Mount Everest, but this is a short guide will hopefully clear up points of confusion and provide a useful roadmap for how to obtain BCRs.
This 13-page guide offers 8 steps for organizations to take including:
- Get Your House in Order
- Make Key Logistical Decisions
- Figure Out Where to File and Selecting a Lead DPA
- Drafting the BCRs
- Submitting the Draft Application
- The Review Process
- Submitting the Final Application
- Approval and Requests for Authorization of Transfer
I have written this guide with Maggie Gloeckle who has been the primary researcher and author. I’m happy to help make this guide available for all who might find it to be of use.
Please provide the required information below to access the PDF.