HIPAA Enforcement Guide
HIPAA enforcement activity has been rising steadily over the years. Our HIPAA Enforcement Guide, written by Professor Daniel J. Solove, includes enforcement statistics and a chart summarizing all of the resolution agreements involving monetary penalties through the end of 2018.
The guide includes Professor Solove’s analysis of HIPAA enforcement trends as well as his advice for how to avoid being targeted by the Office for Civil Rights (OCR) for a penalty.
Topics covered in the 11-page PDF include:
- The Anatomy of a HIPAA Enforcement Action
- The Scope of HIPAA Enforcement
- The Story of HIPAA Enforcement
- HIPAA Enforcement Before and After HITECH
- HIPAA Enforcement Statistics
- HIPAA Resolution Agreement Summaries by Year
- HIPAA Enforcement Cases with Monetary Penalities from 2008 through 2018
- State HIPAA Enforcement
- The Big Picture of HIPA Enforcement
- Analysis and Takeaways