Advanced Courses for Professionals Seeking to Learn HIPAA Privacy and Security and Privacy Law
This series of three courses on the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules created and taught by Professor Daniel J. Solove provides a foundational understanding of HIPAA. Professionals who successfully complete all three courses in the series receive a certificate in HIPAA signed by Professor Daniel Solove. Each course may be purchased separately.
The courses include:
• HIPAA Privacy: The Pillars of a Privacy Program
• HIPAA Privacy: Rights and Responsibilities
• HIPAA Security: Safeguarding PHI
Learn privacy law from the leading international experts — Professors Daniel Solove and Paul Schwartz.
These online courses provide an engaging and understandable introduction to various areas of privacy law. Each course is about 1 hour long and contains readings and a quiz. The courses are available through the Privacy+Security Academy, founded by Professors Solove and Schwartz.
- Foundations and Themes of US Privacy Law
- Privacy Torts and the Media in the US
- Law Enforcement and National Security in the US
- HIPAA and US Regulation of Health Data
- Consumer Data and US Regulation Part I: Common Law and FTC
- Consumer Data and US Regulation Part II: Statutory Law
- GDPR and European Privacy Law Part I: The European System and the Structure of GDPR
- GDPR and European Privacy Law Part II: GDPR Rights, Obligations, and Data Transfer
A certificate signed by Professors Solove and Schwartz is available upon passing each course. CLE credit is available.