This series of three courses on the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules created and taught by Professor Daniel J. Solove provides a foundational understanding of HIPAA. Professionals who successfully complete all three courses in the series receive a certificate in HIPAA signed by Professor Daniel Solove. Each course may be purchased separately.
The courses include:
• HIPAA Privacy: The Pillars of a Privacy Program
• HIPAA Privacy: Rights and Responsibilities
• HIPAA Security: Safeguarding PHI
Learn privacy law from the leading international experts — Professors Daniel Solove and Paul Schwartz.
These online courses provide an engaging and understandable introduction to various areas of privacy law. Each course is about 1 hour long and contains readings and a quiz. The courses are available through the Privacy+Security Academy, founded by Professors Solove and Schwartz.
- Foundations and Themes of US Privacy Law
- Privacy Torts and the Media in the US
- Law Enforcement and National Security in the US
- HIPAA and US Regulation of Health Data
- Consumer Data and US Regulation Part I: Common Law and FTC
- Consumer Data and US Regulation Part II: Statutory Law
- GDPR and European Privacy Law Part I: The European System and the Structure of GDPR
- GDPR and European Privacy Law Part II: GDPR Rights, Obligations, and Data Transfer
A certificate signed by Professors Solove and Schwartz is available upon passing each course. CLE credit is available.