PRIVACY AWARENESS TRAINING
GLOBAL PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION
Our Global Privacy and Data Protection training program is designed to provide basic privacy awareness training to the workforce of global organizations. The course is widely used by many multinational corporations, including several based in the EU. The course synthesizes privacy concepts and explains them simply — in a manner that will work in many different countries.
This privacy training program provides an overview of privacy principles and regulations. The course is designed to satisfy EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) training requirements but also to work for the US and other jurisdictions. Written and designed by Professor Daniel J. Solove, the leading expert on privacy law, this course focuses on key concepts of privacy common across international jurisdictions as well as explains areas where approaches to privacy diverge.
Features of the program include:
● Easy to customize. Anything can readily be changed, added, or removed. Quiz question scenarios can readily be altered to fit situations employees are encountering.
● Easy to use parts of the program. Any section or parts of the program can be used independently.
● Easy to translate. We can translate into any language.
The program is fully illustrated, with personal data represented by cubes. The program aims to help trainees visualize and understand privacy concepts concretely, as privacy concepts can sometimes be rather abstract.
We have two versions of the module.
Extensive Version: This version is 30 minutes long with 15 quiz questions.
Condensed Version: This version is 20 minutes long with 10 quiz questions.
- Understand the key concepts of privacy across international jurisdictions
- Learn how to identify personal data
- Learn the rights that individuals have regarding their personal data
- Understand the organization’s responsibilities when collecting and processing personal data
- Learn about the responsibilities organizations have when sharing data internally, externally, and across borders
THE PURPOSE OF THIS TRAINING
● People Care About Privacy
● Privacy and Security
● Your Role
WHY WE PROTECT PERSONAL DATA
● Preventing Harm
● Individual Empowerment
● Legal Compliance
● Contractual Compliance
WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA?
● Identifying Personal Data or PII
● Sensitive Data
● Lawful Basis
● Data Collection Limitation
DATA HANDLING AND PROCESSING
● Data Quality
● Limited Access
● Security Safeguards
● Data Retention
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
● Minimum Necessary Use
● Purpose Specification
INDIVIDUAL KNOWLEDGE AND PARTICIPATION
● Access and Correction
● Right to Erasure
● Right to Data Portability
TRANSFER AND SHARING OF DATA
● International Transfers of Data
● Sharing Data with Third Parties
● Sharing Data Internally or with Our Affiliates
● Personal Data Refers to Real People
● Privacy by Design
● Ask the Privacy Office
Please Contact Us to Evaluate this Program or Others
We can provide you with a login so you can evaluate the programs.
About TeachPrivacy and Our Training Philosophy
TeachPrivacy was founded by Professor Daniel J. Solove, the leading expert on privacy and data security law. He is deeply involved in the creation of all training programs because he believes that training works best when made by subject-matter experts and by people with extensive teaching experience.
According to Professor Solove: “Great training isn’t about slickness or tricks. It is about teaching. The goal is to make people understand, care, and remember. Great training is made with genuine passion – to make people love training, it must be made with love. Excellent substance is essential. The material must be explained clearly, understandably, and concretely. The content must be short and to the point – and it must be engaging. Slickness and gimmicks can’t compensate for lackluster substance.”
TeachPrivacy provides privacy awareness training, information security awareness training, phishing training, HIPAA training, FERPA training, PCI training, as well as training on many other privacy and security topics.
Professor Solove is a law professor at George Washington University Law School. He has taught for 15 years, has published 10 books and more than 50 articles, including the leading textbook on information privacy law and a short guidebook on the subject. His LinkedIn blog has more than 1 million followers. Click here for more information about Professor Solove.