This course (~ 15 minutes) is a highly-interactive overview of privacy responsibilities and protections regarding the collection, use, and sharing of personal data. The course has 8 quiz questions.
The course tracks the life cycle of personal data, starting from when it is collected or created. The course concludes with a discussion of data retention and destruction.
- Understand the life cycle of personal data, beginning with when it is collected or created
- Learn about the privacy responsibilities involved in collecting, using, and sharing personal data
- Become familiar with appropriate procedures the retention and destruction of personal data
2. DATA COLLECTION
• Data Collection Limitation
• Sensitive Data
3. DATA PROCESSING
• Data Quality
• Limited Access
• Security Safeguards
4. DATA USE
• Minimum Necessary Use
• Purpose Specification
5. DATA SHARING
• Sharing Data with Third Parties
• International Transfers of Data
6. DATA DESTRUCTION
The license entitles 1 individual to view this course for a period of 1 month. For a small fee, you can extend this period by another month, and you can keep extending the period for as long as you desire.
During the 1-month license period, you can view the course as many times as you want. Only 1 individual is permitted to use the license.
If you are interested in using this course for organizational training for multiple individuals, please contact us for discounted bulk rates. Please also contact us if you’re interested in licensing the course for a longer period of time or licensing multiple courses.
If you are interested in courses not available individually or in many courses, you might find the sitewide license to be the best option.