This course (~15 minutes) is designed to meet the requirements of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR). According to the FAR rule regarding privacy training, federal contractors are required to have “initial training” for their workforce on privacy as well as “annual training thereafter.” The training should cover the provisions of the federal Privacy Act, penalties for violating the act, appropriate handling and safeguarding of personally identifiable information (PII), authorized uses of PII, and procedures to be followed in the event of an incident or data breach. The full relevant provision of the regulation is quoted below the course.
- Understand the scope and applicability of the federal Privacy Act
- Learn how to appropriately handle and safeguard personally identifiable information (PII)
- Understand authorized uses of PII
- Learn the procedures to follow when there is an incident or data breach involving PII
The course covers the material above and is organized as follows:
1. THE IMPORTANCE OF PROTECTING PRIVACY
2. THE MECHANICS OF THE PRIVACY ACT
3. APPROPRIATE HANDLING AND SAFEGUARDING OF PII
4. RESPONDING TO INCIDENTS AND DATA BREACHES
This course contains 5 quiz questions.
The license entitles 1 individual to view this course for a period of 1 month. For a small fee, you can extend this period by another month, and you can keep extending the period for as long as you desire.
During the 1-month license period, you can view the course as many times as you want. Only 1 individual is permitted to use the license.
If you are interested in using this course for organizational training for multiple individuals, please contact us for discounted bulk rates. Please also contact us if you’re interested in licensing the course for a longer period of time or licensing multiple courses.
If you are interested in courses not available individually or in many courses, you might find the sitewide license to be the best option.