This course (15 mins) by Professor Daniel Solove provides an introduction to Japan’s Act on the Protection of Personal Information (APPI) .The course discusses individual rights, consent, international data transfers, and the responsibilities of organizations that process personal data, among other things. The course has 5 quiz questions.
The course also comes with use of the Whiteboard for Japan’s Act on the Protection of Personal Information (APPI) – a 1-page summary that can be used as a handout or poster.
- Learn the scope, applicability and basic terminology of Japan’s APPI
- Understand how the law defines personal data
- Understand the rights the law provides
- Learn about the responsibilities the law imposes on organizations
- Understand the penalties for not complying