This course (20 mins) by Professor Daniel Solove provides an introduction to privacy regulation in China. The course discusses the various laws and standards that govern privacy in China. The course discusses the basic terminology of Chinese privacy law, the individual rights it provides, and the responsibilities of organizations that process personal data. The course has 5 quiz questions.
The course also comes with use of the Whiteboard for Privacy Regulation in China – a 1-page summary that can be used as a handout or poster.
Click on the module image below to launch the course, or click here.
- Learn the scope, applicability and basic terminology of Chinese privacy regulation
- Understand how the Chinese laws and regulations define personal data
- Understand the rights the law provides
- Learn about the responsibilities the law imposes on organizations
- Understand the penalties for not complying