I am pleased to announce my new CCPA FAQ that covers all the key details of the California Consumer Protection Act.
With the CCPA effective date looming in just over two weeks, many people are have a lot of questions about what the Act requires and how they should be prepared to comply.
In this document, I answer the following questions:
- What is the CCPA?
- When does the CCPA go into effect?
- Whom does the CCPA apply to?
- Does the CCPA apply to businesses outside the state of California?
- Does the CCPA apply to non-profits? Does the CCPA apply to government?
- What rights does the CCPA provide?
- What must businesses disclose if a consumer makes a verified request?
- What must be done to comply with the CCPA?
- What does the CCPA require for training?
- What is “personal information” under the CCPA?
- How is the CCPA enforced?
- What is a “sale” of personal information under the CCPA?
- What is a “service provider” under the CCPA?
- How does the CCPA differ from the GDPR?
- Where can the full text of the CCPA be found?
- Where can the CCPA regulations be found?
- Is there any way to make compliance with the CCPA easy and fun?
Please check out the CCPA FAQ for my answers to all of these questions.
I also have a number of other CCPA resources including a whiteboard that distills the requirements of the law into one page and a training guide that discusses the CCPA’s training requirements and makes recommendations for how organizations can meet these requirements.
* * * *
This post was authored by Professor Daniel J. Solove, who through TeachPrivacy develops computer-based privacy and data security training. He also posts at his blog at LinkedIn, which has more than 1 million followers.
We also have an interactive course based on the CCPA whiteboard — the CCPA Interactive Whiteboard (5.5 mins).